Monday, November 23, 2015

New Star Wars Micro Sets by Hasbro

With the excitement surrounding the new Star Wars film we have seen a resurgence of all things Star Wars, from toilet paper to fuzzy slippers.



I was surprised to see new Micro Machines Star Wars sets by Hasbro at Target a while back. The sets were alright, the price tags were too high for my taste. Mainly it was just weird seeing micro sets sold retail again. As quickly as they came they were gone and I haven't seen any since. Maybe I should have been an evil toy scalper, only time will tell.  Honestly though, I am so worn out on Star Wars merch. There's just too much! Now if Hasbro somehow obtained the rights to Mighty Max, I'd be all other those play sets! Or even a new toy line with similar sensibilities. 

Totally not an actor.

The new Star Wars sets are an obvious money grab, so Hasbro is not likely to bring back other Micro Machines themes, but one can always hope, a new hope...

UPDATE - June 2016

I still see Star Wars Micro Machines sets in the stores. More often than not, they are on "clearance". Still too much to pay. They also have blind bags. Freaking everything these days come in blind bags! Why pay $3 for one teeny figure!? I did cave though, and bought a blind bag. It was an AT-AT. The scale is way off though, my old Galoob Boba Fett is taller...

No comments:

Post a Comment